By facilitating the needs of our growing university.
Our facilities bring exceptional students and accomplished faculty together to collaborate and innovate, and coaches and athletes together to pursue competitive excellence. They also provide important space for the campus community to explore the arts, enjoy sporting events and promote healthy living. By building new facilities and improving upon current structures, we will better address issues of critical importance to the world, advance the creation of new knowledge and enhance the William & Mary experience for generations to come.
Multisport Indoor Practice Facility
William & Mary has won more Colonial Athletic Association championships than any other school. Located next to William & Mary Hall, the Multisport Indoor Practice Facility will improve the preparation and performance of our student-athletes.
Upgrading Tribe athletics to enhance the fan experience and bring the William & Mary story to a national audience.
- Practice courts for men’s and women’s basketball and volleyball
- Dedicated academic study space
- Sports medicine and expanded strength training
Muscarelle Museum of Art and Center for the Visual Arts
William & Mary was the first university in the nation to collect art, and the first to include the arts as a part of its curriculum. The new Muscarelle Museum of Art and Center for the Visual Arts will provide space befitting this long tradition and signal the importance of the arts to the university.
Advancing art and artists, building community and promoting dialogue.
- Triple the visitor spaces and galleries for collections and exhibitions
- Teaching center for research and experiential, engaged learning, including the study of tangible works of art
- A state-of-the art auditorium and unique gathering space to bring the community together
Integrative Wellness Center
William & Mary promotes a holistic, multidimensional approach to student wellbeing. The innovative design and progressive functions of the Integrative Wellness Center will embody the tenets of human flourishing and personal resilience. The goal of the Center is to develop active, mature consumers of health care and to create a strong foundation for our students’ lifelong wellbeing.
Providing a peaceful place to restore, refresh and renew.
- Student health center
- Counseling center
- Health promotion
- Recreational and wellness programs
- Center for Mindfulness and Authentic Excellence