William & Mary stands at the threshold of opportunity. The university is embarking on the most ambitious fundraising initiative in its 325-year history. Funds raised in this campaign will ensure that William & Mary continues to do what it does best: educate and inspire students of great talent and promise and prepare them to lead lives of principled achievement. During Homecoming weekend 2015, the university publicly launched a bold campaign that builds on the institution's strengths and forges a new path to ensure William & Mary's extraordinary leadership in the 21st century.
The campaign’s overarching goals can help ensure William & Mary has strong financial footing well into the future.
To that end, we aspire to:
- Strengthen the lifelong ties our alumni have to their alma mater and one another.
- Achieve 40 percent alumni participation by 2020.
- Execute a successful $1 billion campaign to ensure that we can attract and retain the best students and faculty, while offering a distinct brand of education that prepares students to build a better future for themselves, the nation and the world.
William & Mary’s strength as an institution depends greatly on access to resources that enable the university to provide a world-class liberal arts education, graduate programs that prepare students to succeed in a professional environment and a campus community where scholars can excel in the classroom and on the field. Your support can help ensure that we can continue to offer:
- A strong William & Mary community where inquiry and excellence thrive.
- Powerful faculty-student interaction.
- A rich array of co-curricular activities.
- An emphasis on collaboration and innovation in teaching and research across disciplines.
- Meaningful opportunities to lead positive change.