As a demonstration of support for William & Mary’s commitment to gender equity in athletics, an anonymous alumna has stepped forward with a $1.5 million challenge gift for women’s athletics scholarships.
For the Bold: The Campaign for William & Mary will enable the School of Education to achieve its vision of solving complex educational problems. Your support energizes us to dream bigger and reach higher in the pursuit of ensuring a high-quality educational experience for each and every individual in our society. Together, we will change the world one student, one project and one innovation at a time. Join us!
Emily Gerdelman Ridjaneck ’07
Chair, School of Education Development Board
Support the School of Education
Scholars come to the William & Mary School of Education with a passion to transform students, schools and communities and we prepare them to do just that. Private support is critical as we strive to educate and inspire people of great promise and preserve the benefits of being a small school that thinks big.
PILLAR I: WHERE GREAT MINDS MEET | $10.5 MILLION
SCHOLARSHIPS | $5 million
- Graduate Fellowships | $5 million
Provide competitive funding to yield the most promising graduate students who desire to study at the W&M School of Education
TEACHING EXCELLENCE | $5.5 million
- Professorships | 4 @ $1 million | $4 million
Recruit & retain high-caliber seasoned faculty
- Term Professorships | 6 @ $250,000 | $1.5 million
Reward & retain high-performing, newly tenured faculty members
PILLAR II: MAKING THE REMARKABLE | $13 MILLION
ENGAGED LEARNING, INNOVATION AND COLLABORATION
- Center for Innovation in Learning Design | $6 million
Funding to support a multi-disciplinary center that advances innovation across the PK-20 education arena
- Fund for Excellence | $2.5 million Annual unrestricted expendable support
- Clinical Faculty Program | $1.5 million Operational support
- Innovation Funds | $1 million
To encourage and support innovation in teaching and learning
- Department Funds | $750,000
Funds to support initiatives of the three academic departments
- TeachLivE™ | $500,000 Operational support
- Holmes Scholars Program | $500,000 Operational support
- Student Opportunity Funds | $250,000
Support research and professional development opportunities
PILLAR III: A PASSION FOR IMPACT | $6.5 MILLION
WILLIAM & MARY IN THE WORLD | $500,000
- Global Studies Initiatives | $500,000
Support for study-abroad graduate programs
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT | $6 million
- Center for Gifted Education | $2 million
- New Horizons Family Counseling Center | $2 million
- Center for Gifted Education Camp Launch | $2 million
Operating expenses for summer program
W&M Impact News
The funds from The Bernard Osher Foundation will benefit the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at William & Mary by establishing permanent support for its programming, scholarships and operations.
A finalized design concept for the Memorial to the African Americans Enslaved by William & Mary was presented to the Board of Visitors. Fundraising targets for the project have been met, with more than $1 million raised in private gifts, which will be matched by the Board of Visitors.