As a demonstration of support for William & Mary’s commitment to gender equity in athletics, an anonymous alumna has stepped forward with a $1.5 million challenge gift for women’s athletics scholarships.
Janet Rollins Atwater ’84 P ’17, P ’20 & Peter Atwater ’83 P ’17, P ’20
Student Affairs Representatives, Campaign Steering Committee
Support Student Affairs
The Division of Student Affairs is committed to creating an engaging learning environment where community is strengthened and individuals flourish. We encourage student learning and personal growth through meaningful co-curricular and extracurricular activities, and promote student wellbeing within a campus community that is purposeful, just, caring, disciplined, open and celebrative.
Through student-centered programs, policies and services, the Division of Student Affairs prepares students to learn, lead and live with integrity and purpose. Consider a gift to Student Affairs and make an immediate impact on William & Mary today.
PILLAR I: WHERE GREAT MINDS MEET | $6 MILLION
SCHOLARSHIPS | $3 million
- Stipends for Graduate Students
TEACHING EXCELLENCE | $3 million
- Center for Student Diversity | endowed directorship | $1 million
- Student Leadership Development | endowed directorship | $1 million
- Community Engagement | endowed directorship | $1 million
PILLAR II: MAKING THE REMARKABLE | $7.5 MILLION
ENGAGED LEARNING, INNOVATION AND COLLABORATION | $4 million
- Leadership Development Experiences | $200,000
- University Speakers Series | $250,000
- Career Development Immersion Trips | $250,000
- Tribe Tutor Zone Endowment | $100,000
- Student Accessibility Services Endowment | $100,000
- Care Support Services | The Haven Endowment | $100,000
- Student Life Impact Fund/Parents Fund | $3 million
BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES | $3.5 million
- Integrative Wellness Center (naming and enhancing interior spaces)
- Field Enhancements for Intramurals/Improvements for Campus Recreation
- Fraternity/Sorority Community Building
PILLAR III: A PASSION FOR IMPACT | $6.5 MILLION
LEADERSHIP INITIATIVES | $3 million
- Leadership Institute | $1 million
- Internship Opportunities | $2 million
WILLIAM & MARY IN THE WORLD | $2 million
- Alternative Spring Break Service Trips | $1 million
- Pre-Orientation Experiences | $1 million
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT | $1.5 million
- William & Mary Community Engagement Fellows | $1.5 million
W&M Impact News
The funds from The Bernard Osher Foundation will benefit the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at William & Mary by establishing permanent support for its programming, scholarships and operations.
A finalized design concept for the Memorial to the African Americans Enslaved by William & Mary was presented to the Board of Visitors. Fundraising targets for the project have been met, with more than $1 million raised in private gifts, which will be matched by the Board of Visitors.