Janet Rollins Atwater '84 & Peter Atwater '83
Student Affairs Representatives, Campaign Steering Committee
A Letter from the Vice President
A William & Mary education is unforgettable — an immersive experience where students learn about themselves and their world every day of the week, in classrooms and in residence halls, on the stage and on playing fields. The Division of Student Affairs is committed to supporting the myriad ways students flourish here. We are focused on five broad areas: student success, campus living, student engagement and leadership, career development, and health and wellness. In the countless ways we touch student lives, we help individuals to thrive within the bond of a strong community.
Student experiences are compelling and interconnected. Learning in the classroom converges with perspectives gained through campus living, career exploration and leadership opportunities. In Student Affairs, we help students create their own, unique W&M experience — one that is at once deeply personal, yet also grounded in the traditions of a diverse, supportive learning community. A W&M experience is life-changing. It’s what inspired me to do what I do, and it’s what makes student life here so dynamic. I hope you’ll support us in this mission. Your gift will open doors for students today — and for a lifetime.
Ginger Ambler ’88, Ph.D. ’06
Vice President Student Affairs
Support Student Affairs
The Division of Student Affairs is committed to creating an engaging learning environment where community is strengthened and individuals flourish. We encourage student learning and personal growth through meaningful co-curricular and extracurricular activities, and promote student wellbeing within a campus community that is purposeful, just, caring, disciplined, open and celebrative.
Through student-centered programs, policies and services, the Division of Student Affairs prepares students to learn, lead and live with integrity and purpose. Consider a gift to Student Affairs and make an immediate impact on William & Mary today.
PILLAR I: WHERE GREAT MINDS MEET | $6 MILLION
SCHOLARSHIPS | $3 million
- Stipends for Graduate Students
TEACHING EXCELLENCE | $3 million
- Center for Student Diversity | endowed directorship | $1 million
- Student Leadership Development | endowed directorship | $1 million
- Community Engagement | endowed directorship | $1 million
PILLAR II: MAKING THE REMARKABLE | $7.5 MILLION
ENGAGED LEARNING, INNOVATION AND COLLABORATION | $4 million
- Leadership Development Experiences | $200,000
- University Speakers Series | $250,000
- Career Development Immersion Trips | $250,000
- Tribe Tutor Zone Endowment | $100,000
- Student Accessibility Services Endowment | $100,000
- Care Support Services | The Haven Endowment | $100,000
- Student Life Impact Fund/Parents Fund | $3 million
BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES | $3.5 million
- Integrative Wellness Center (naming and enhancing interior spaces)
- Field Enhancements for Intramurals/Improvements for Campus Recreation
- Fraternity/Sorority Community Building
PILLAR III: A PASSION FOR IMPACT | $6.5 MILLION
LEADERSHIP INITIATIVES | $3 million
- Leadership Institute | $1 million
- Internship Opportunities | $2 million
WILLIAM & MARY IN THE WORLD | $2 million
- Alternative Spring Break Service Trips | $1 million
- Pre-Orientation Experiences | $1 million
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT | $1.5 million
- William & Mary Community Engagement Fellows | $1.5 million
You can learn more about the Student Affairs goals & priorities in the fact sheet, which can be downloaded here.